Periodic Reporting for period 1 - Auxilia (Hybrid Drive for Commercial Ships and Yachts)
Reporting period: 2017-05-01 to 2017-08-31
Auxilia is at a technology readiness level (TRL) 7 stage of development. The overall aim of the project is to take the technology to TRL9 and to market launch our solution in compliance with EU Directives and worldwide certifications for the marine industry for this kind of technology.
- Task 1. Market Introduction: to contact with shipyards, equipment manufacturers, ship owners/operators and commercial agents to confirm Auxilia interest as well as establish commercial negotiations with the partners for the Phase 2.
- Task 2. Technical Analysis: to confirm technical feasibility of the improvements to be made on the current system in order to reduce weight and cost and prepare the work plan draft for the Phase 2.
- Task 3. Market Analysis: for each of the market segments of the marine industry to define the Auxilia commercial strategy (penetration rate per country and segment) and a complete analysis of the current competing solutions.
- Task 4. Risk Analysis: to identify and analyse technical and commercial risks including a mitigation plan.
- Task 5. Business Plan: to validate the estimated sales price, costs and the investment to be made as well as obtain the main profitability indicators for the project.
Countries such as Italy, rest of Europe with emphasis in the North and Baltic Sea, North America and Asia will be our priority markets due to market size (top ranking in world fleet) and their need for reducing the environmental impact of maritime transport as well as promoting fuel economy.