Amapex SL (Amapex) is a Spanish SME founded in 2006 by biologist Joaquim Canadell. We are experts in the application of biotechnology to industrial wastewater treatments. We have our own research lab, where we have conducted extensive research in finding specific strains of bacteria that can decompose the hazardous products present in heavily contaminated industrial waters (such as heavy metals, phosphates, ammonium, chlorinated cyclic compounds, suspended solids and fats). We are proud of saying we are a team of senior friends, close to our 60s, who after developing our careers in different industries have initiated this adventure, “returning” to our origins: bacterial biology.
We have a clear international and transversal component, with collaborators from different EU countries, and we know that our project will strengthen Europe’s industrial capacities, given that environmental costs are the key problem blocking the growth of many industries in Europe.
Our goal with this project is to successfully launch our new RIBATI technology and become one of the leaders in the biological wastewater treatment sector. With RIBATI, we expect to create 52 new direct and 140 indirect jobs, and increase our turnover to 41 M€ by 2024, increasing our EBITDA above 12 M€ annually.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringwater treatment processeswastewater treatment processes
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesmicrobiologybacteriology
- natural scienceschemical sciencesorganic chemistryhydrocarbons
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringtextiles
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesenvironmental sciencespollution
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call