TechCap Markets will address a specific challenge in improving access by innovative SMEs to alternative finance: the lack of connectivity with exit markets such as stock exchanges and emerging growth markets for trading shares in private innovative SMEs.
This lack of connectivity for both alternative finance providers and innovative SMEs is characterized by:
- Lack of opportunity for Initial Purchase Offers (IPOs) for innovative SMEs in Europe
- Challenges to trading privately held shares in Innovative SMEs
- Sub-optimal use of public market investment vehicles in raising venture capital funds
- Difficulty to raise capital via further issuances by listed innovative SMEs/Tech companies
It will pursue the following objectives:
- Establishing a High-Level Advisory Group and series of Expert Working Groups and capture the latest market expertise via these groups to deliver:
o a whitepaper for exchange operators and policy makers containing best practice in public policy, regulatory environments
and market operations and make recommendations as appropriate
o develop a practical “how to” tool kit for innovative SMEs and alternative finance providers to access exchanges
- Produce learning material tailored to different stakeholder groups and prepare and implement a capacity building plan for all stakeholders
- Create awareness about exits to stock exchanges and the use of secondary market places
The consortium is composed of 3 partners, designed to maximize the effectiveness of bringing together senior market practitioners and gathering and deploying their expertise. The partners specific expertise covers the individual requirements of the project: EUN - the current relationship between innovative SMEs and alternative finance providers such as BA and VC investors. IESE - world class research capabilities at the nexus of entrepreneurship and capital markets; PMEF - think tank of professionals in financing for entrepreneurs with strong public policy expertise.
- H2020-EU.2. - PRIORITY 'Industrial leadership' Main Programme
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
Legal entity other than a subcontractor which is affiliated or legally linked to a participant. The entity carries out work under the conditions laid down in the Grant Agreement, supplies goods or provides services for the action, but did not sign the Grant Agreement. A third party abides by the rules applicable to its related participant under the Grant Agreement with regard to eligibility of costs and control of expenditure.
The organization defined itself as SME (small and medium-sized enterprise) at the time the Grant Agreement was signed.