ALAZ ARIMA S.L. is a company specialized in the design, development, manufacture and commercialization of two-phase thermosyphons based technology cooling systems, applicable to wind turbines components and to other sectors, such as photovoltaics. Through DESIRE, the company has developed a breakthrough cooling solution for wind turbines whose technical viability has already been validated through different developments and testing activities.
Even with recent improvements in wind turbines technology, there is a need for more efficient cooling systems in order to reduce operating and maintenance costs and to optimize the performance of wind farms. Current cooling systems are complex and formed by many components (motor pumps, fans, etc.) which: increase the cost (expensive components); limit the life of the complete system to less than 20 years; increase maintenance expenses (thousands of euros during the useful life); consume energy (up to several tents of kW, approx. 1% of the produced energy) and need big room generating high noise.
The new technology developed by ALAZ will allow to remove certain components of the current cooling solutions, simplifying it and leading to reducing system associated costs, increasing the useful life, reducing maintenance costs, reducing energy consumption and reducing space needs and noise. Currently, ALAZ is working in the assembly and validation of the first prototypes. The support of the SME Instrument Phase 1 will help consolidating ALAZ’s activity and reaching the market by 2019 as well as new clients and sectors as soon as possible, increasing exponentially the sales and staff.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy/solar energy
- H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call