We also need location positioning indoors. The good news is that almost all of us have phones with a GNSS receiver. Indoor positioning does not only help us get from A to B in large buildings but positioning does not work indoors mainly due to low accuracy.
Our patented unique GalNav InDoor technology allows us to use standard GPS receivers already present in mobile devices to continue tracking the user indoor. Other vendors have used pseudolites (“pseudo-satellite” transmitting GPS-like signals) but these remain extremely expensive and custom-built for specific facilities.
At Galileo Satellite Navigation Ltd. (GSN), we are the first company to provide indoor GPS capability with “virtual holes in the roof” using patented microsimulators to enable satellite reception. This is a game changer for indoor positioning as it can render all other technologies obsolete and leverage the existing GPS infrastructure (such as Galileo in Europe).
We will target large venues that have an interest in tracking people including office and industrial buildings, malls and department stores, trade shows, supermarkets and hospitals. We will follow a business model based on a software license (head unit management software and remote synchronization software) and hardware fee (head unit and remote unit).
To reach our company goal of revolutionizing the GNSS market, we will bring outdoor positioning to the indoors with GalNav InDoor. Before we can launch GalNav InDoor to the market, we need to perform the Phase 1 Feasibility Study and then scale up the current GalNav InDoor TRL 6 prototype to a fully commercial system for with Phase 2 funding.
The EU benefits include facilitated emergency response management, better location in transportation hubs, more accurate logistic and easier moving around in large spaces such as hospitals.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/mobile phone
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/fibers
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/software
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport/navigation systems/satellite navigation system/global navigation satellite system
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call