Periodic Reporting for period 1 - SELNET (Sarcoma as a model to improve diagnosis and clinical care of rare tumors through a European and Latin American multidisciplinary network)
Reporting period: 2019-01-01 to 2020-06-30
• Ethical approvals of the observational and translational studies and Sites activations
• Registry of the clinical data in the SELNET designed on-line platform
• Pathological peer-review initiation
• Clinical practice guidelines and Reference Centers requirements defined and agreed
• Enlargement of the Network to new countries: Chile, Bolivia, Columbia, EEUU, and different kind of stakeholders: Hospitals/Patients advocacy groups
• Design of SELNET Network own clinical trials
• Training: scientific meeting, workshops, online presentations. CME brochure available
• Identifying high-risk patients, in diverse CELAC countries, affected by aggressive, life-threatening rare tumors, such as sarcomas, to improve their diagnosis and prognosis.
• Providing clear clinical evidence on the current status of sarcoma management in CELAC countries in order to implement optimization actions.
• The creation of sarcoma biobanks and preclinical models of sarcoma will empower rare tumor research in Latin America.
• A better understanding of the role of current sarcoma drugs in the activation of antitumor immune response, and the validation of immune-related and angiogenic predictive biomarkers would lead to greater clinical efficacy in MSFT, EMC and AS, while reducing health care costs and contributing to the development of new treatments for other rare STS.
• Providing new insights in the mechanism of action of current drugs for the development of targeted therapies in rare cancers