Periodic Reporting for period 2 - MilkGuard (A continuous milk disinfection system for calf feeding on-farm)
Reporting period: 2019-09-01 to 2021-02-28
This project concludes the development of “Continuous milk disinfection system for calf feeding on-farm”, and is based on the concept of developing a system for best feeding and management practices, by revolutionizing standard methods of today. These methods enforce the farmers to deliver almost 100% bacteria free milk to the dairy producers worldwide and eliminating many existing critical issues.
This concept changes traditional methods and with Calvex’ concept for on-farm milk disinfection, the milk is processed immediately and fed within 15 minutes, and the system will automatically clean itself after processing, giving the farmers a far easier feeding process and semi-automatic cleaning.
With the potential impact of this new innovation in more than 90.000 farms, and a global impact on Dairy farm management of >€3 billion euro burden due to; diseases, high mortality rates, use of antibiotics and so forth. Calvex and partners shares great expectations to the new product, since this definitely will put Europe as the innovative frontrunner on worldwide farm management optimizations.
The overall objectives of this project is to;
• To prepare a commer-cial-ready system ad-dressing end-user needs
• To demonstrate the advantages of milkGUARD solution addressing the main market barriers
• To prepare market introduction to boost the company growth
1) Project management and ensuring IPR protection, low project cost and identifying high quality suppliers and distributors
2) Upscaling prototypes to larger scales and conclused qualification protocolls in both technical and microbiological scales
3) Made preparations for on-farm testings and tested 100L/h system and prepared 360L for demonstrations
4) Preliminary certfication standards and continous testing of components and close to completion when testing of 360 has commenced
5) Disseminated markets, updated communication details and created new strategies and executions plans for later purposes
This has resulted in several expansions inhouse in knowledge and capabilities, which Calvex is very excited about continuouing in the future.