Cambrian Intelligence (“Cambrian”) is a novel retrofittable Artificial Intelligence (AI) software. The solution makes robots adaptive and cuts down robot configuration times from 2-3 weeks to a single day. As a result, production flexibility increases and costs are cut by a factor of +10x.
Cambrian has shown that demand for its solution exists by securing a portfolio of notable clients: Mercedes-Benz Daimler, Volkswagen, Sony and Denso.
Cambrian’s market is the emerging robotics software market. The potential addressable software market is vast (61B EUR globally) with forecasted double-digit growth (15%). The underlying driver for the market is the global industrial robots install base (+2M globally). Automation and related cost savings drive growth for the robot install base. Manufacturing is the largest single sector for robots.
Cambrian has a unique value proposition compared to the five other robot software suppliers
• Cambrian’s solution can be retrofitted to all industrial robots
• Cambrian’s AI software has a distinct cost advantage vs. traditional naïve robotics software providers
• Cambrian’s solution has a competitive advantage vs. other AI software providers due to its novel simulation robot training approach, and its unique focus on the manufacturing sector
• Lastly, Cambrian’s solution enables side-by-side work with humans opening doors for new markets (e.g., collaborative robots, SMEs)
Cambrian has the plan and the resources to build a global success story
• Team has strong technical expertise and experience in building successful businesses
• Manufacturing sector provides a winning go-to-market route leveraging existing customer references
• To enter the market, Cambrian still needs to develop its solution (TRL 6). H2020/Phase 1 funding will be used to develop the solution from TRL 6 to TRL 7 with Mercedes-Benz Daimler. Later funding will finalize development to TRL 9 and commercialization and scale-up
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/software
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/artificial intelligence
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/robotics
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics/productivity
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call