"Skyx is an Agriculture technology company developing the ""brain"" (in software) for a swarm of modular and autonomous spraying robots. Started with drones.
The technology: proprietary algorithms for complex space coverage (including static and dynamic obstacles), real-time swarm operation, homogeneous farmland coverage or “hot-spots” coverage for an unlimited number of spots and shapes. The innovative agriculture-technology “compiles” the terrain + crops + pesticides + the available machinery into an optimized mission planning, mission control, and auto-piloting of the robots.
The product: you push a button and a group of robots sprays your farmland. There is no need to install the product on each robot. Each robot in the modular swarm can have different performance and accuracy level and therefore the optimized solution fit for small, medium, or large scale farmlands.
Skyx product is for agriculture spraying service providers, and not for growers.
The company: was founded by Eylon Sorek and Dr. Itzik Turkel, developed a working demo and established on-going cooperation with a Tier-1 agriculture spraying applicator. The team works intensively with the entire ecosystem including specialty crops growers, tier-1 aerial operator, tier-1 pesticides vendor, and drone builders.
Recently an agriculture venture capital firm invested 500K EUR to continue the product development. An additional challenge is to analyze the potential of our solution internationally and validate our value proposition to every member in our commercial environment. Therefore, Phase-1 grant will help us testing our technology in various agriculture service providers in the EU and in America and also will help us validate our business model and alternative business models."
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/business model
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/software
- /social sciences/economics and business
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/agriculture
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/robotics/autonomous robots/drones
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/agriculture/plant breeding/crops
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call