Periodic Reporting for period 1 - X-tendo (eXTENDing the energy performance assessment and certification schemes via a mOdular approach)
Reporting period: 2019-09-01 to 2021-02-28
The aim of X-tendo is to support public authorities in the transition towards improved compliance, reliability, usability and convergence of next-generation energy performance assessment and certification.
The X-tendo project is developing a framework of ten “next-generation EPC features”. The X-tendo partners cover ten countries or regions, including Austria, Belgium (Flanders) Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania and the United Kingdom (Scotland). The features that will be explored in the project fall into two broad categories:
1. New technical features used within EPC assessment processes and enabling the inclusion of new indicators on EPCs
2. Innovative approaches to handle EPC data and maximise their value for building owners and other end-users.
- X-tendo has presented a cross country current status of EPC schemes and the potential of the next generation features (D2.1)
- X-tendo has contributed to a deeper understanding of end-user needs, and how their needs could developed by F1-F10 methodologis (D2.4)
- X-tendo has provided on overview of the current state of the features and their methodologies ( F1-F5 D3.1 D3.2 and F6-F10 D4.1 D4.4)
- X-tendo has understood implementing partners' needs and developed these featurs methodology based on that (D4.2 and D4.3-summary)
- X-tendo has implemented beta version of tools and IT componentes and its guidelines to be tested (F1-F5 D3.3 and F6-F10 D4.5)
- X-tendo has provided an introductory report about the features, to quick and make easier understandable (D2.3)
- X-tendo has made easily available the material developed until now through the toolbox (D6.2)
- X-tendo has identified EU stakeholders (D6.3) and already organised online workshops with them
- X-tendo has organised and promoted national workshops, to discuss and exchange country specific implementatation potentials
- X-tendo has sent newsletter to continuously inform interested persons about the project
- X-tendo has participated on webinars and workshops with sister projects
- X-tendo hast started the preparation of testing activities
With the 29 feature's test, which consist of more then 50 buildings been tested, we aim to assess and to demonstrate the applicability of the developed next-generation EPC features in nine countries and demonstrate the potential of next-generation EPC practices in order to prepare the ground for improving EPC practices, as well as uptake of next-generation EPC features.
Pararell to that,we promote, disseminate and ensure exploitation of the X-tendo toolbox during the project lifetime and beyond, and ensure the involvement of key stakeholders, who will facilitate the way towards a successful implementation of next-generation EPC features.