The aim of this SME Instruments Phase 1 proposal is to perform a feasibility study for the commercialization of Ima-Go, a novel 96-well functional imaging platform for preclinical drug discovery for substances targeting brain diseases.
In contrast to state-of-the-art technologies for functional imaging, which either interfere with cellular viability and physiology or provide only a poor spatiotemporal resolution, Ima-Go is label-free, non-invasive and provides readouts of highest quality and resolution. The Ima-Go platform will introduce to the market new biological assays for human cell lines, which cannot be performed by current competing technologies.
MaxWell Biosystems AG developed the most advanced functional imaging platform for tracking neuronal activity used in basic neuroscience research. With Ima-Go, MaxWell Biosystem will scale this technology to a throughput required in drug discovery applications. MaxWell Biosystems AG aims to become a world-wide technology leader in the field of advanced functional imaging platforms and modern data analysis solutions, meeting the needs of pharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations to accelerate drug development.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/neurobiology
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/data analysis
- /medical and health sciences/basic medicine/physiology
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/neurobiology/neuroscience
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call