Periodic Reporting for period 1 - COMBIVET (Setting up the ERA Chair of Comparative Medicine in the Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences of the Estonian University of Life Sciences)
Reporting period: 2019-09-01 to 2020-11-30
• As per the details and in line with the Annex 1 of the Grant Agreement, contracts with ERA Chair holder/Professor have been completed.
• Due to global COVID-19 pandemic the ERA Chair team is not yet fully completed. There are still 2 Senior Research Fellow and 1 Research Fellow positions open. However, the recruited Senior Research Fellow in Molecular Diagnostics, Research Fellow in Bioinformatics and Research Fellow in Molecular Cell Biology the members that have been recruited have been fully integrated to COMBIVET ERA Chair unit. In addition one Specialist in Bioinformatics was included to the COMBIVET ERA Chair team.
• From the COMBIVET funding, one doctoral student has been enrolled and is financially supported, three more are expected to join during the next project period.
• On gender based analysis, there are currently 3 males and 4 females appointed under the COMBIVET project funding.
• During the 1st reporting period, the emphasis was more on recruiting the ERA Chair team, however, ERA Chair activities were also presented and discussed with different Chairs in the Institute and University and domestic research community at different meetings.
• The COMBIVET ERA Chair team members have started experimental work.
• Dr Radu Ionescu, Senior Research Fellow in Molecular Diagnostics, received funding from the action H2020-MSCA-RISE-2020.
• The website of COMBIVET was created and will be updated regularly during the course of the project, the website is accessible to the public (http://combivet.emu.ee/).
• One scientific paper of Prof Andres Salumets was published under COMBIVET project.
Zhytnik L, Simm K, Salumets A, Peters M, Märtson A, Maasalu K. Reproductive options for families at risk of Osteogenesis Imperfecta: a review. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2020 May 27;15(1):128. doi: 10.1186/s13023-020-01404-w. PMID: 32460820; PMCID: PMC7251694.
• Several other publications are under preparation or under review in peer-reviewed scientific journals.