Periodic Reporting for period 1 - BOOST HEALTH (Introducing preventive management of chronic thyroid conditions through patient empowerment and a ML-powered mHealth solution)
Reporting period: 2019-05-01 to 2019-10-31
Autoimmune conditions are predominantly female, and as such did not get appropriate research and medical attention. We can solve this by utilising digital technologies to collect Big Data and bring more knowledge to the general public.
Overall objectives of the feasibility phase were:
1. Empowering patients through regularly analysis of their health and well-being
2. Validation in clinical setting
3. Developing a prototype on how will the ML-assisted health plan look like
1. New and improved app features – a) symptom analytics, b) new ""home screen"" with expanded overview of symptoms, lab tests and informational texts; and c) Exportable PDF of doctor report
2. Analysis of benefit for patients, as presented on the 89th American Thyroid Association yearly congress - patients reported that the information obtained through the app is more helpful than going to the doctors office\
3. Early prototype of ML-delivered benefit to the patient"
1. providing a better connection between patients and doctors
2. working on covering health complications (starting with fertility) and
3. partnering with healthcare businesses in order to start the revenue stream
We expect our impact will be measured in:
1. increased awareness and early diagnosis of the thyroid conditions
2. early detection of health complications
3. development of more individualised therapies
Increasing awareness, which was achieved in the so far project has had a tremendous impact on BOOST Thyroid app users. People using our solution told us that information we provide helped them stay healthier, that sharing common experiences through our ""Hashi and me"" stories helped them not feel alone, isolated and not understood."