Nocturne specializes in products and services that allow diagnosing neurologic disorders through imaging of the eye. Nocturne’s proprietary technology (patent pending) analyses 3D images of the retina, which are obtained by optical coherence tomography (OCT).
OCT is a noninvasive imaging technology routinely used in ophthalmology. Standard OCT devices are affordable but are by themselves of only limited value for neurologic applications.
At market entry, Nocturne offers a web service, which accepts data from standard OCT scans. The data is then analyzed with Nocturne’s technology, and a report is sent back to the customer.
With its service, Nocturne addresses customers in pharmaceutical research, academia, and clinical care. More than 10 million people suffer from neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis, neuromyelitis optica, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer, in Europe alone.
Nocturne expects that its OCT-based retinal image analysis will allow neurologists short-term diagnostic decisions, which will reduce the need for external costly MRIs. The ultimate goal is to offer specialized OCT devices in the future.
Fields of science
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicineneurologydementiaalzheimer
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicinepharmacology and pharmacypharmaceutical drugs
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicineneurologymultiple sclerosis
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicineophthalmology
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicineneurologyparkinson
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call