Periodic Reporting for period 1 - RECLAIM (RE-manufaCturing and Refurbishment LArge Industrial equipMent)
Reporting period: 2019-10-01 to 2021-03-31
Innovative fog computing and augmented reality techniques are combined with enhanced health monitoring and failure inspection and diagnosis methodologies that enhance the effective use of materials, improve maintenance capabilities and eventually, drastically increase the return of investments (ROI). RECLAIM re-use approach also fosters servicing and upgrading of legacy equipment. For that, European machinery industry will move from an equipment-based business to a value-added business, where equipment servicing and equipment knowledge are main business drivers. RECLAIM solution will be demonstrated in five real industrial environments to evaluate the lifecycle of the industrial equipment and show the feasibility of the approach for integration and scale-up to other industrial sectors. Having RECLAIM technology available, drastically increased efficiency, lifetime extension and high economic benefit will be achieved and a significant step towards 100% re-use will be made.
1. Decision Support Framework of used industrial equipment for sustainable manufacturing
2. Refurbishment and Re-manufacturing Techniques of industrial equipment
3. Smart Sensor Network for Industrial Environment
4. Prognostic and Health Management (PHM) Approach
5. Cost Analysis and Cost Modelling Tool
6. Optimization Planning for Refurbishment and Re-manufacturing
7. Digital Twin Simulation for Machinery Fault Diagnosis
8. Cybersecurity for IoT devices for connected smart environments
9. Augmented Reality on the Plant Floor
The technological breakthroughs that will come out the RECLAIM approach will promote the creation of new high-tech working places that demand highly skilled staff. Novel paradigms for manufacturing education, such as the ‘Teaching Factory’, will further pursue the integration among research, innovation and education, and help prepare the next generation of knowledge-workers that will take over the use of the new technologies within the factories of the future.