TRA ON POLYMER MATERIALS PROJECT OVERVIEW
The general aim of this Targeted Research Action (TRA) is to secure added value to EC funded research projects by helping participants in complementary projects, covering different technologies of the programme, to coordinate their activities around a specific objective. As such, the action is of importance to a wide range of industries made up of users and producers - including SMEs - as well as research centers and universities. The main objective of the TRA on Polymer Materials is to establish an efficient interface between the related RTD projects on Polymers supported by the EC.
In particular the TRA aims at:
- providing a European forum for the development, dissemination and exchange of scientific and technological knowledge and ideas relating to all aspects of Polymer Materials and their industrial processing;
- accelerating the dissemination and exploitation of research results;
- improving the synergy and coordination of research being carried out in the EC programmes;
- inform EC RTD programme planners about technological trends and research needs and priorities for the future The approach to meet objectives includes the following activities to facilitate the transfer and dissemination of technology and expertise:
- cluster meetings and network steering meetings and an annual TRA workshop, in which all the projects will be represented;
- publication of quarterly bulletins, project database containing the non-confidential project information both as a hard copy as on disk;
- publication of an annual TRA report with project achievements and the results from the workshop and meetings;
- round table meetings with representatives of industry, government and society;
- create opportunities and coordinate activities with related TRAns.
EUROPEAN DIMENSION AND PARTNERSHIP:
The added value for implementing the network can be classified in three categories: the (research) consortia/partners, the programme and the Community.
- For the partners in the projects increased exchange of mutually relevant information on technological aspects for future exploitation;
- For the programme a better coherence between running projects;
- For the European Community in general strengthening of industrial competitiveness will result in the development of sound and proven scientific and technological frameworks, and increased dissemination of quality information to the European producers and converters of polymers. The TRA on Polymer Materials is a real trans European Initiative. At this moment it encloses 27 different research projects coordinated by 26 different project leaders. In the 27 projects a total of about 100 industrial enterprises, universities and research organisations from many European countries are active. POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS The TRA stimulates the creation of scientific knowledge infrastructures. Transfer of new technological results from one market sector to another can offer new potential. The chances for industrial application of new technological knowledge's are thus increased by a network approach. Special attention will be given to reach SMEs, which would without the network have only limited opportunities to obtain information on polymer research.
Funding SchemeTHN - Thematic network contracts
80131 Napoli - Portici
4530 AA Terneuzen
6130 AA Sittard
KT22 7SA Leatherhead
LE12 8RS Woodhouse Eaves - Leicestershire
2725 Mem Martins
SL2 5DS Slough
4040 Linz - Auhof
KT22 7RU Leatherhead
LE13 0PB Melton Mowbray
CB2 5GG Cambridge
86077 Pozzilli Isernia
106 48 Stockholm
06903 Sophia Antipolis
LS2 9JT Leeds