THE RESULTS WILL BE APPLIED BY THE PARTNERS IN THE PROJECT AT DIFFERENT LEVELS :
- BERTIN ET CIE AND THE CEA, WHICH HAVE DONE FORMER RESEARCH IN THIS AREA IN COMMON, WILL BE JOINED BY CERCHAR FOR THE CONTROL OF THE INDUSTRIALIZATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION OF THE PROCESS,
- MOREOVER, CERCHAR WILL PUBLISH THE RESULTS TO HELP THE DEVELOPMENT OF COAL UTILIZATION. CERCHAR HAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE IN THE TREATMENT OF FLUE GASES AND DUST REMOVAL
THE RESULTS WILL SHOW WHETHER IT IS POSSIBLE TO SEPARATE MICRONIC AND SUBMICRONIC DUSTS IN A COMPACT, LOW COST AND LOW PRESSURE LOSS PROCESS, WHICH CANNOT BE ACHIEVED WITH EXISTING TECHNOLOGY.
For the first time an electromulticyclone which combined the effects of electrostatic and centrifugal separation was built. Tests were carried out successfully in a boiler house. The extraction efficiency for particles of diameters less than 5 um was high (approximately 75%). Used in conjunction with a multicyclone, the electromulticyclone provides an alternative to bag filters when a very high (> 90%) collection efficiency is not required.
Combining centrifugal and electrostatic processes in the same device provides:
less sensitivity to volume flow and particle size than a simple cyclone;
higher reliability than a bag filter;
lower volume and cost than an electrostatic precipitator.
For the first time an electromulticyclone which combined the effects of electrostatic and centrifugal separation was built. Tests were carried out successfully in a boiler house. The extraction efficiency for particles of diameters less than 5 um was high (around 75%). Used in conjunction with a multicyclone, the electromulticyclone provides an alternative to bag filters when a very high (> 99%) collection efficiency is not required.
A system for cleaning coal burner exhaust gases has been experimentally tested under industrial conditions. The aim was to produce a compact system of multiple electrocyclone cells mounted in parallel, where cost and performance would be between that of electrofilter technology and classical multicyclones.
THE OBJECTIVE IS TO DESIGN AND TEST A NEW COMPACT DUST SEPARATOR, CONSISTING OF 36 ELECTRO-CYCLONE CELLS, THE COST AND PERFORMANCE OF WHICH WOULD BE BETWEEN THAT OF AN ELECTRO-FILTER OR BAG HOUSE FILTER AND THAT OF AN ORDINARY MULTI-CYCLONE. THIS SEPARATOR IS DENOMINATED ELECTROMULTICYCLONE (EMC).
THE PROJECT WILL CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING ITEMS :
- CONFIRMATION OF THE RESULTS OF SINGLE CELL ON A PILOT OPERATING IN INDUSTRIAL CONDITIONS : A DUST EMISSION AROUND 50 /MG M TO THE POWER OF THREE, IN THE CASE OF TRAVELLING GRATE BOILERS, IS EXPECTED;
- SOLUTION OF THE PROBLEMS WHICH MAY ARISE DUE TO THE INDUSTRIAL OPERATING CONDITIONS (ESSENTIALLY FOULING) BY TESTING ONE OR TWO AVAILABLE DEVICES.
- DEMONSTRATION OF THE ECONOMICAL VIABILITY OF AN ELECTROMULTICYCLONE SYSTEM, ON THE ONE HAND BY FINDING LOW COST MATERIALS (SPECIALLY FOR ELECTRIC ISOLATION) COMPATIBLE WITH OPERATING CONDITIONS (ACID ENVIRONMENT AT 250 DEGREES C) AND PERMITTING THE USE OF SIMPLIFIED CONSTRUCTION PROCEDURES, AND ON THE OTHER HAND BY OPTIMIZING THE ELECTRODE GEOMETRY AND LOWERING, IF POSSIBLE, THE OPERATING VOLTAGE FROM 70 TO 25 KV.
Fields of science
Topic(s)Data not available
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
See on map