PAPA will plan the implementation of a Baltic Operational Oceanographic System which aims at:
1) building a basin-wide network for ocean monitoring and forecasting linking all Baltic countries, boardening and strengthening the existing network of national institutions already established by PAPA partners.
2) identify gaps in the monitoring systems in the region and in the capacity to measure, model and forecast the ecosystem.
3) build capacities for expertise in the setting up and running observing platforms, data management, modelling and forecasting.
4) design the initial observing and forecasting system.
5) raise awareness on the benefits of ocean forecasting at local, regional and global scales, involving stakeholders and disseminate PAPA results and products.
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeTHN - Thematic network contracts
18119 Rostock /Warnemunde
81 342 Gdynia
81 712 Sopot
80 830 Gdansk
199106 Sint Petersburg
1023 Koebenhavn K/copenhaegen
42671 Vaestra Froelunda