A central part of the "Accompanying measures" of the CAP reform 1992 is the Regulation 2078/92 which is aimed at both the reduction of agricultural surpluses and the protection of the environment. It is important to understand the extent of reciprocal interdependencies beyond the boundaries of individual countries, both at national and local level. This is especially important when there are differences of interpretation between M.S.
The objectives are:
The proposed project will focus on the effectiveness of the schemes with regard to the protection of the environment and the maintenance of the countryside.
Short description of the project:
The project will try to find solutions to :
- describe and analyze differences in interpretation and implementation of
Reg.2078/92 in different M.S.;
- compare the effectiveness of 2078/92 schemes in terms of farmer participation
and areas covered;
- evaluate effects on nature, environmental protection and landscape
changes/dynamic with special regard to species and habitats of outstanding
- assess socio-economic outcomes for rural areas and to identify successful
examples of policy design;
- identify suitable indicators to measure the impact on environmental protection
and socio-economic outcomes;
- analyze interrelationships between Reg.2078/92 and other instruments of the CAP.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
118 55 Athens - Votanikos
WC2R 2LS London
1958 Frederiksberg C
750 07 Uppsala
28049 Cantoblanco (Madrid)