1. to establish a wider and faster circulation of information on the results and progress of EU funded (and eventually relevant non EU funded) programs of research, technological development, and demonstration in the field of aquaculture to the potential end users across Europe.
2. to communicate comprehensible data of interest and use to the end users, leading to an increased interaction and communication between the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and the research community involved.
3. to enhance communication among traditionally isolated SMEs.
4. to allow for two-way communication, to refine the services of the network, and to develop an efficient and long-term sustainable system.
5. to collect feedback from the SMEs in relation to problems and bottlenecks encountered, and to identify further requirements from both research and technology and associate information services.
6. to increase the awareness of the industry to the possibilities of using electronic communication media, and to improve the service of the Aquaculture Associations.
7. to enhance the application of research results, and hence the competitiveness of the sector, resulting in a growth of employment opportunities in aquaculture.
Research results from EU funded projects will be transferred to the end users (SMEs) as technical leaflets translated in each national language. In addition, the information will be disseminated through specific workshops and presentations in general meetings and trade shows. Internet and E-mail are also envisaged as communication means. A feedback collection from the SMEs will be acquired. To perform this task, in each country, a National Aqua-flow Team (NAT) was established. They are composed of a National Network Leader, usually from a Research Institution, and members of National Producers Associations. By their improved cooperation, the NAT members maintain a close link between the end users, their networking partners and the Project Management Team (PMT). Three European associations are represented in the PMT, the Federation of European Aquaculture Producers (FEAP), AquaTT and the European Aquaculture Society (EAS) (who acts as coordinator). The PMT includes also a member of the European Union, and a Project Leader, also from the EAS.
Funding SchemeCON - Coordination of research actions
901 83 Umea
FK9 4LA Stirling