Group formed by 1 Technology Producer, 4 Research Institutes, and 2 End Users from three EU countries (Spain, Denmark and Ireland) for undertaking a demonstration project following the conclusions of the EU project AIR1 CT92 0273 and the subsequent technological development carried out by the coordinator of the former project, who is also coordinating this proposal. The trials in Spain are foreseen to take place on board of a vessel, the project of which has been elected by the EUREKA Programme (HALIOS Project) due to it highly innovative concepts for fishing, propulsion, safety, etc.
1. To check the technical viability of the technology of the Dynamic Atmosphere applied on board.
2. To establish safety rules for the use of systems of Modified Atmosphere on board.
3. To demonstrate to the ship-owners and fishermen the economical advantages of the new methodology (quality and extension of the trip) and clarify the fisheries where the new system could be introduced.
4. To check if, according with the experience obtained, the atmospheres used on board and on shore, rich in O2, obtain a low production of biogenic amines.
5. To determine a system, quick and direct, for the control of the quality of fish treated with gases, to guarantee its safety aspects.
6. To determine the needs for training of the crewmembers in order to safely and efficiently handle the new techniques.
The Spanish fisheries involved in this proposal are the Grand Sole where the round trip from Spain is about three weeks, where the main objective is the improvement of the quality of the fish unloaded. In some of the trials the vessel will show the system in Irish ports. On shore, consumer tests of the MA packed fish previously stored in bulk in MA will be carried out, which is the main interest of the Danish participants.
Funding SchemeDEM - Demonstration contracts
750 07 Uppsala
15706 Santiago De Compostela