Project goal is to set up Centre of Excellence TRANSMEC, doing research/education work related to rail transport, and in particular to wheel sets issues. It is propose to strengthen existing and establish new contacts the leading universities and research centres abroad. Some of proposed activities are:
- International scientific and educational co-operation
- organising conferences and workshops
- participating in joint European research projects
- disseminating research results
- enabling flow of information between research centres from NAS and EU
- promoting new research management methods
- providing more attractive educational opportunities (post-graduate studies and training courses for industry workers and junior scientists)
- developing new teaching/research procedures
- supporting and promoting participation of industrial companies and SMEs in international research projects
- harmonising NAS regulations on railway wheel sets with EU standards
- dissemination of information on the Centre.
Expected project result
- Initiating and strengthening international co-operation within scope of European Research Area.