CATCH aims to exploit advanced multimedia technologies in a novel information service on health matters for everyone. It will enable virtually all groups, including elderly and handicapped people, to take preventive action against ill-health, understand symptoms, and generally assume responsibility for their own well-being. Besides pointing the way to the right treatment, the system will also assist personal decision-making in the area of health insurance. The project will result in a multilingual advisory service for use anywhere and at all times.
The aim of CATCH is the widespread implementation of health sources for every European citizen at any time and any place with the use of modern advanced information and communication technologies for:
- background information in preventive health
- offer data-based and knowledge based facilities to make the citizens aware and give them directions and opportunities to make independent decisions about his own (preventive) health
- give the opportunity to every European citizen to become informed about differences in (preventive)
- health throughout Europe and take decisions about treatment, insurances.
The result of the project will be the multimedia multilingual citizens advisory system (M2-BBS), a European tool that will be highly effective and
- it can be used any time at any place
- it is multifunctional using multimedia, such as text, pictures, videos
- it is accessible for many groups: elderly, handicapped, minorities, youngsters.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
9700 RB Groningen