An EU-funded project on Identity, Territory and Conflict will be recruiting pre-doctoral researchers from September 2001. The research programme will run for four years, and formal appointment procedures will begin on 1 January 2002. The Project The project will engage young researchers from EU and Associated States, providing an interdisciplinary, transnational framework to generate fresh and critical thinking on processes of identity building, displacement population and conflict. The project offers:
- Jointing developed and taught courses for PhD first year students on the issue of Identity, Territory and Conflict. Relevant experience of international partnership covering complementary aspects to this area of knowledge will be offered
- A Second year jointly taught seminar based on an international critical analysis of papers by the Ph.D Students of the previous year.
- Locally taught courses, seminars and tutorials
- Access to local actors/populations in significant study areas.
- A period of research of one semester can be spent in another of the European Countries in this multipartner Training Sites.
- When the programme is completed, students could also obtain a European Doctoral Degree. This is a cross-disciplinary study that will bring together young.
It will be conducted by a consortium of research partners located in the following institutions:
1. Universität Bamberg, in Germany. www.uni.bamberg.de/
2. Univeristät Bochum, in Germany. www.ifhv.de
3. University of Bradford, in the U.K. www.brad.ac.uk
4. Universidad de Deusto, in Spain www.deusto.es
5. Helsingin Yliopisto, CEREN, in Finland. www.sockom.helsinki.fi/ceren/
6. University of Kent at Canterbury, in UK. www.ukc.ac.uk/anthropology/
7. Université de Liége, in Belgium. www.ulg.ac.be/cedem/francais/default.htm
8. Universita di Padova, Italy. firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Université de Poitiers, MIGRINTER, in France. www.mshs.univ-poitiers.fr/migrinter
10. Uppsala Universitet, in Sweden. www.peace.uu.se
11. University of Ulster, in UK. (www.ulst.ac.uk/faculty/humanities/rgs/overview.html) Expressions of interest, together with CV, should be sent to the Project Co-ordinator: Professor Francisco Ferrandiz, Faculty of Phylosophy and Education Sciences, University of Deusto, Avda de las Universidades, 24, 48007 Bilbao. tel +34.94.4139068 fax: 34.94.4139069 email@example.com