1. To hold a workshop with participants of EC-funded research projects on sorghum and millets and scientists and technologists from eastern, central and southern Africa.
2. To use the workshop to share information, results and ideas.
3. To identify gaps in knowledge and needs and opportunities for new research.
4. To develop proposals for the formation of networks and cooperative research programmes between and within scientists in Europe and Africa.
5. To produce an edited proceedings of the workshop, which will document the presentations, discussions, identification of gaps in knowledge and recommendations for new research.
Funding SchemeACM - Preparatory, accompanying and support measures