PLATFORM'S main objective is to implement a more cost-effective way to manage freight-traffic flows through the enhancement of terminal management and the integration of existing telematic systems. Such an approach is expected to make rail transport competitive for long- and even medium-distance freight transport and thus lead to a substantial reduction of road-based transport.
PLATFORM operational objectives are:
- improvement of terminals as centre for adding value in intermodal operations;
- improvement of communication protocols and connections between terminals;
- improvement of terminals' efficiency through the full integration of the available terminal tools, ensuring cost-effectiveness of the proposed investment plans;
- evaluation of real application in terms of scheduling, planning system, information system, rolling stock;
- design of simulation model for dynamic order scheduling for combined rail-road transport.
A smooth organisation for pre- and end-haulage, as well as the completely computerised management of terminal services, will be demonstrated through computer simulation of the transport flow and the terminal services.
The system for the management of integrated rail-road transport will be developed and tested in some demo terminals available to Consortium industrial members: Rho, Melzo, Rogoredo, Verona, Noisy-le-Sec, Lyon, Valencia, Silla.
- DGVII-1st Call: IMPULSE, IQ - DGVII-2nd Call: CESAR, IMPREND, TERMINET, OSIRIS, X-MODALL, PISCES, SCANDINET - DGVII-3rd call: APRICOT, LOGIQ, QMI, INTRARTIP, OCTOPUS, FV2000, ROLLING SHELF, TACTICS, PRECISE IT - DGXIII telematics: TRACAR, MULTITRACK
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts