The aim of LOGICAT is to determine a basis for the formulation of an over-all RTD European strategy to further develop the logistics of competitive external and internal trading by states, while reducing congestion, pollution and other negative effects on environment, property and human life, by using fully integrated intermodal systems.
The specific objectives of LOGICAT are:
- to collect and analyse current information on national, European and global strategies for RTD on logistics, supply and demand chain management, and specifically including air, land and sea cargo intermodal transport,
- identify future research needs in above areas,
- identify and demonstrate the potential of some promising innovative intermodal transport concepts related to rgreen logistics_,
- design conceptual road maps for the implementation of selected new logistics concepts,
- formulate and make a preliminary study of up to three specific selected potentially beneficiary logistical strategies,
LOGICAT will outline the future direction and strategy for a European development of RTD activities in more effective logistics of intermodal transport with beneficial social and environmental effects.
LOGICAT will also have an added value due to the clustering exercise. The clustering will group together finalised, existing and proposed European and National (Member States) RTD projects as well as relevant U.S. RTD projects with a European impact to enhance the effectiveness of logistics in intermodal transport.
Funding SchemeCON - Coordination of research actions