A best practice training, implementation & advice tool is developed, based on the experience of different European universities, specifically designed and fine tuned for researchers at universities and research centres, in order to accelerate and increase the exploitation of know-how at these institutes, through the setting up of spin-off companies and the transfer to existing companies with emphasis on NTBFs (new technology based firms). This tool will be made available to the whole of the European university and research centres world.
Realisation of a researchers-customised doing-by-learning training which extends the traditional academic skills concerning "teaching" and "research" to "technology transfer".
The following modules are provided:
- ways and aspects of doing business with companies;
- spin-off creation and support for entrepreneurship;
- protection of intellectual property;
- marketing & communication;
- writing an exploitation and business plan.
At the end, the participants have to develop their exploitation/business plan.
Realisation of a webbased implementation, guidance & advice tool which:
- supports the participants in the technology transfer implementation at their university;
- can be used a stand-alone tool for those researchers who did not follow the training.
The tool is designed to be "multi-cultural" by providing three levels of information:
- an international level with general valid principles, best practices, tools, partners;
- a national/regional level;
- a university specific level which provides procedures, policy, contact persons, implementation guides & tools, best practices.