* Formulation of regional innovation strategy following the value chain of companies (life sciences cluster approach);
* Setting up of an intermediary foundation or company for acquiring international funding and the establishment of networks;
* the role of a regional science park as incubator;
* marketing of scientific results by a university workshop or a similar intermediary;
* involvement of clinicians (direct users) in start-ups;
* guardianship of new companies by well established companies;
* creation of a "seed fund" which extends the possibilities of common venture capital schemes
* continuous education and training
* the "twinning concept" where a (potential) start-up is twinned to an (international) partner with complementary but synergetic business activities.
Specific results expected at the end of the project:
* a generic, region-based, model describing the required infrastructure/support for start-ups based on the various innovation mechanisms validated.
A set of measures which optimally influence the cultural setting in a university/research.
* Organization thus motivating scientists to market and exploit their knowledge.
* An action scheme for regional bodies to assist in SME start-ups.
* An integrated approach to knowledge transfer and vocational training.
* A strategy for (international) partner selection.
* Transfer of experience and models to the European innovation scene