The project InnoGrowthGroup content three essential mechanisms, which will be decisive for the development of innovative firms. The mechanisms are:
Innovation Growth Groups - The growth group approach is characterised by groups of companies (networks) establishing a room of reflection between them, and concerned with the exchange of experiences with the objective of creating growth.
The IGG approach changes the growth idea into an efficient innovation-oriented activity, and with in-company facilitators to support the innovative initiatives of their own company. In this way the capacity of the SMEs is prepared to cope with ongoing and lasting innovation.
Communication platform - In order to create a closely-knit group of active SMEs, and in order to have a window to the outside, the project provides a communicative platform based on a web-site with one-way, two-way and group communication. This communication platform is also a tool for the project co-ordination.
Facilitator - The facilitator carries a central role in the progress of the project. The essential role of the facilitator is to support innovation processes internally by establishing new divisions of labour in his company, communicate about innovation, and motivate employees and management for new efficiency, based on the innovation strategy of the company.
Furthermore, the facilitator's role is externally to stimulate new relations in the forms of networks and partnerships according to the strategic innovation plan.
The Overall Objective is, from the starting points of the experience and interests of SMEs and the growth group experience, to develop an innovation methodology for SMEs. The Overall Achievement is that each partner possesses an operational model for innovation. The partners in Denmark, Italy and Spain share the model. It constitutes a business, cultural and communicative tool for the building of innovative partnerships between the partners. It will later be transferred to a broader market:
- Examples of the expected results at the end of the project:
- Established web-site in the form of a communication platform. Web-site regularly visited and used as a communication tool by at least 50% of the companies;
- International co-operation innovation initiatives between 20% of the participating SMEs have been implemented;
- New technology methods (information technologies) in use in 75% of the participating SMEs;
- New tools for management and employees implemented in 50% of the participating SMEs;
- Orientation towards new markets in Europe for 75% of the participating SMEs described.