- To develop an understanding of how materials in different media and the built environment can be interwoven with technology to create an inspirational learning environment;
- To develop architectural design principles for an open configurable physical space in support of inspiration and learning;
- To explore ways of organising 'narrative in space' with a view to creating augmented narrative landscapes furnished with interconnected artefacts to think and act with;
- To equip the artefacts with computer abilities and interaction using: interactive tags, mobility tools and displays;
- To implement prototypes of innovative technology and architecture in inspirational learning environments at two sites: an interaction design studio and an architectural master class.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The ATELIER project is planned for a 30-month period and is closely related to the objectives of the Disappearing Computer initiative.
The first phase focuses on ethnographic observations at the two sites, exploration of the interaction technologies and specification of systems architecture, exploration of experiences in art, concept development for learning space design and interaction design. The second phase focuses on specification and implementation of learning space and interactive technologies and preparation of the experiments. The third phase focuses on experiments, observations and evaluation of prototypes at the two inspirational learning sites and new concepts and new designs for learning space and interaction interfaces.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
104 50 Stockholm