The objectives of the research are to:
1. optimize the electrical interconnection between modules for cost efficiency and reliability
2. avoid bypass diodes in the internal wiring of large area modules 3. reduce costs for mounting (possible techniques: clamp elements for frameless modules)
4. achieve better insulation and less humidity penetration by improved encapsulation.
1. Modifying and optimizing the current electrical interconnection system between modules in respect to more cost effective wiring and improvement of reliability at higher DC operation voltages (>1000V). 2. Modifying the internal wiring of NUKEM of cells strings inside the large area modules in order to avoid bypass diodes.
3. Modifying the current mounting technique for standard 36 cell modules of ANIT and large area modules of NUKEM to reduce costs as far as possible for mounting (possible techniques: clamp elements for frameless modules).
4. Evaluating different encapsulation materials in order to reach better insulation and less humidity penetration.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts