I. Harvesting machine
1. To make available a light, low cost harvesting machine optimized for the new sweet-sorghum crop and suitable also for hilly, smaller farms.
2. To obtain a good system for rispe-panicle recovery and leaves separation
3. To obtain a satisfactory system able to harvest plantations lodged under the effect of strong winds.
II. Sugar-juice separating machine
1. To obtain an efficient sugar recovery machine (above 90%)
2. To obtain a low cost sugar separation process (around 200-250 ECU/ha)
3. To obtain a low energy input process.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
50041 Firenze - Calenzano