Main objective of this contract is to develop an integrated road pavement maintenance system. Two groups will look at two different system levels: the PAV-ECO group will focus on a project level, the RIMES group at network level.
For the RIMES group, the following more specific objectives can be distinguished:
- An integrated network level management model for use by policy makers in order to determine maintenance standards and strategies, appropriate budget levels, and allocation of funds between competing network maintenance needs.
- A work programming model for preparing optimal road infrastructure maintenance programmes under constrained budgets, based on the prionciple of maximisation of economic benefits.
- Optimum maintenance standards and strategies for different road classes in EU countries, based on the resultss of life cycle cost analyses.
- Guidelines for road infrastructure data collection requirements.
For the PAV-ECO group, the following specific objectives can be distinguished:
- A method to evaluate life-cycle costs of road maintenance.
- Several cost performance models, required to apply the above method.
Links with other projects, tasks, areas, programmes, policy actions:
There is a link with the PARIS project.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
RG11 6AU Crowthorne
B15 2RT Birmingham