This proposal has three main aims:
1. To analyse, based on the available statistical information, what is happening to the science and technology (S&T) systems of the economies in transition (EIT).
2. To use this information to assess on a comparative basis how the S&T systems of these countries are being restructured and how well, in this process, they are being integrated into the respective economies.
3. To derive policy implications for EU and Central and Eastern European governments on issues of restructuring of S&T systems and East - West S&T re-integration.
The output of the research will be a report Month 30 (including a series of interim studies before Month 24) which will be structured around the following themes:
- S&T indicators in EIT
- Sectoral Technological restructuring
- Institutional Transformations of S&T in EIT
- Policy implications for international S&T cooperation in S&T.
A workshop will be held in Month 29.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts