The main purpose of this thematic network project is to support the thesis that social exclusion causes are to be analysed as a result of qualitative changes in the social construction of employment. Several hypothesis found this thesis and are presented in the proposal document.
On the basis of national synthetic reports and foreign comments, collective work inside workshops will test these hypothesis on four main issues:
- employment as a social construction;
- dimensions, forms, levels and actors;
- and employment concept: universal or societal category;
- specification of employment for each country and emphasis on proximities and cross-national convergences in a comparative perspective;
- producing of a societal typology;
- main changes in the social construction of employment and integration in an analytical framework;
- Social exclusion issues in regards with societal transformations of employment in Europe.
The thematic network involves five European research teams that have produced numerous studies and comparative analysis in the field of training, employment and social exclusion with developing socio-economic approaches of these issues. The narrow links between teams come from several meeting and common works in European research programmes that have pointing out the proximity of scientific concerns.
The thematic network aims at: producing, for each issue, national state-of-the-art reports which will be questioned by a foreign research, pointing out national specificities and convergences on evidences and theoretical framework concerning the social construction of employment, developing a theoretical framework for integrating social specificities and European dimensions in comparative analysis of employment and social exclusion, establishing a common analytical framework for developing a further common research program including national monographies.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
08193 Cerdanyola Des Valles
LE1 7QR Leicester