The project consists of two subprojects: EUNET and SASI
The work of the two subprojects is brought together by a joint scientific committee.
EUNET-subproject main objectives:
1. To develop an innovative cost-benefit/multicriteria decision analysis methodology.
2. To develop a database of cost models of the transport system.
3. To develop a methodology for measurement and valuation of socio-economic development effects and provide values where possible.
4. To develop indicators of regional accessibility and social cohesion.
5. To develop an operational integrated model of transport and regional development.
6. To set up demonstration examples, in which all of the above themes will be drawn together.
SASI-subproject main objectives:
7. Developing a comprehensive and transferable methodology for the study of socio-economic impacts of European transport system improvements.
8. Developing an interactive model with moderate data requirements for the simulation of these improvements.
9. Assessing the social and regional impacts of the improvements.
10. Demonstrating the model by applying it to case studies.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
LS2 9JT Leeds
S10 2TN Sheffield