EUROSIL will provide a Spatial European Set (SES) of Guidelines, Criteria and Modelling and Evaluation Tools based on an overall Spatial Evaluation Framework (common methodology for the Trans-European TEN and Pan-European Networks PEN).
More specific objectives:
1. Multimodality (i.e. competition between transport modes in the same corridors with the scope to achieve an optimal modal split).
2. Intermodality (i.e. feasibility to implement an integrated transport chain).
3. Interoperability, considering mainly organisational issues as well as the assessment of any kind of barriers.
4. Impact to the Area Development: This task could enhance all the non-transport planning issues including the regional & economic development for the categories of different regions.
EUROSIL will also cover the following topics:
1. Passenger and Freight Transport.
2. Travel Modes (road, rail, air, waterborne including short sea shipping and inland waterways, and pipelines).
3. Infrastructure and networks, taking into account not only existing but also new elements of all networks.
4. Organisational structure, with the consideration of the legal and institutional framework and the level of regulation.
5. The requirements of potential end (e.g. passengers) and intermediate users (e.g. operators, customers and authorities).
6. The economic issues, i.e. allocation of infrastructure & external costs, tax regimes & return of investment.
7. The impact of new technologies, including information technology and transport telematics tools.
Fast Handling System (DE), Brussels (BE), Stuttgart (DE), North-Western Macroregion (IT), Austria-Hungary Corridor (AT, HU), London-Birmingham Corridor (UK), UK-Ireland Corridor (IR, UK), Finland-Intependent Republics Corridor (FI), Euro-Arctic Corridor (FI), Airport & Freight Transport (DE), Airport & Passenger Transport (DE), Athens (GR), Greece-Bulgaria to Black Sea Corridor (GR, BG) - Eurotunnel
MINIMISE, POSSUM, TF Intermodality, TEN (DG VII-A), EMOLITE, IQ, IMPULSE, SORT IT, STEMM, ESTEEM (DG XII), FREIA
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
TW1 2EX London
3062 MB Rotterdam
NE1 7RU Newcastle Upon Tyne
KT18 5BW Epsom