CONCERTO project is part of the Information Systems programme (3rd call) and has three primary objectives:
- to enable and to promote the concertation activities of tasks in the domain Information Systems and in other research fields of the 4th Framework which relate to Information gathering and manipulation,
- to provide the technical support for the organisation and the follow-up of Concerted Action Committee (CAC) meetings,
- to take care of the dissemination of results of activities in the field of Strategic research and
- to promote the development of an European Transport Policy Information System (ETIS), linking research to policy making.
The organisation of the CAC meetings in the context of CONCERTO are aiming at fulfilling two objectives:
- to provide the members of the Committee with a state of the art of projects in the domain of Information Systems or those which are strongly related to this subject matter,
- to present some general issues which contribute to the process of developing an ETIS system.
In CONCERTO no case studies are foreseen.
It is intended to develop a website support of the dissemination of information assessed by CONCERTO; this website will be used as a bridge for the administrations and researchers to access other RTD projects in the filed of Information Systems.
To ensure a link with and between other projects is a core activity of CONCERTO. The role of CONCERTO as a sort of catalyst of exchanges and dissemination of Information is illustrated in the figure below.
Funding SchemeCON - Coordination of research actions