ENCATA, a pan-European consortium of regional development agencies, supports better coordination of telematics applications in their local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Project activities in the ten regions concerned are to include a common telematics audit for ENCATA user requirements, telematics action plans as a shared approach and a common information system for development agency users. Telematics support centres in an open networked platform for SMEs will underpin a cluster of cross-sector telematics initiatives in each region. Post-project self-funding of a bigger operation is the ultimate goal.
ENCATA is a large consortium of pan-European regional development agencies that aim to promote and assist the usage of telematics in their Regional Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) by co-ordinating and networking their activities in a common, coherent and thus more effective way.
The specific objectives of the project are to develop, verify, evolve and then demonstrate usage of the following in each of 10 Regions represented in the Consortium :-
1. ENCATA User Requirements based on a common Regional Telematics Audit, SME Clustering and Needs Analysis.
2. Regional Telematics Actions Plans as a shared approach.
3. Development Agencies Information System, as a common tool to be used by Development Agency users.
4. Telematics Support Centres as an open networked platform tailored to the needs of each Region's SMEs.
5. Telematics Support Teams as the key ENCATA coherent implementation approach.
The Telematic Support Centres will be building-based and mobile responding to the needs of each region, and they will act as the hub and focus for a cluster of cross-sector telematics initiatives in each region.
The concrete results of the project will be evaluated and assessed during the project, to allow their development and structuring for self-funding operation within the 10 individual Regions and other regions of the Community after the project is complete.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
31072 CEDE Toulouse
17564 Athens, Paleo Faliro
IV1 1QR Inverness
07001 Palma De Mallorca
50047 Prato Firenze
G2 6HQ Glasgow