TRANSMETE is about the development and delivery of courses on telematics applications for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Europe. The project's main objective is to provide SMEs with information, consultancy services and training about the benefits of using telematics in the day to day activities of SMEs. The project will develop a multilingual 16-hour training course, including traditional training, using the Internet, multimedia and a classroom business game to take place in 5 countries. Besides SMEs, the project will benefit telematic service providers by boosting their SME market potential, and help training initiatives customise their courses or strategy to the real needs of SMEs.
The TRANSMETE project will develop and deliver courses on telematic applications for SMEs in Greece, Spain, Sweden and Finland. The project's main objective is to provide SMEs with information, consultancy services, and training about the benefits of using telematics in their day-to-day activities.
This objective will be realised as follows:
1. Representative SMEs will be analysed in order to identify the above day-to-day activities (i.e. financial, marketing activities, etc.).
2. These activities will be correlated with existing telematic services in order to specify the methodologies that will enable SMEs to use these services productively. These methodologies will form the contents of the courses to be developed.
3. Five (5) Workshops in Greece (1), Spain (1), Sweden (1) and Finland (2) will demonstrate all identified methodologies to 300 SME managers.
4. These methodologies will form the basis of a 16 hours training session developed in 5 languages (English, Greek, Spanish, Swedish and Finnish). A 10 hours business game demonstrating these methodologies in a classroom environment will also be implemented. This will enable users to exercise all concepts and procedures.
5. One thousand (1000) users from Greece, Spain, Sweden and Finland will attend the training sessions and the business game.
6. All training materials (in 5 languages), along with a multimedia multilingual presentation of the TRANSMETE project, of the telematic services and other telematics support material will be packaged in CD-ROM format and will be distributed to 3000 end-users.
The TRANSMETE project will benefit SMEs, Telematic service providers, and training organisations by:
- enabling SMEs to participate in training sessions, customised to their everyday activities
- allowing Telematic service providers expand their market opportunities and enhance their services in the SME sector.
- demonstrating an innovative training approach to training organisations, for further customising their course material or training strategy to suit other user needs.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
48930 Guecho (Vizcaya) Espagna