SYRECOS seeks to develop and validate a regional data network for small and medium-sized entreprises (SMEs), training centres and personnel concerned with technological transfer to SMEs for regional development. Among its likely benefits are a growth in regional markets and possible transregional access to them, and cooperation geared to business quality and good practice. The project will be characterised by a structural approach intended to change the practices and quality of the target markets, as well as site exchanges for interregional comparisons, sharing of experience and as a possible impetus for fresh markets.
The SYRECOS project intends to define, develop and validate a data communications system for regional Small and Medium sized Entreprises (SME) training organisations and technological transfer agents concerned with the regional development. The beneficiaries will be small and medium-sized companies.
Two specific data network applications will enable the common approach to be validated, namely:
- the first application will be used by the players in the continuous training field (suppliers, recipients and both public and private transfer agents). This application will allow the regional data network for continuous training to be structured and organised. It will integrate the interconnection of the players and the supply of multimedia and interactive services in this market (selective navigation, consultation of catalogues, transactions, follow-up of services, advisory tasks, assessment of services, ...);
- the second application will be used by the players concerned with the transfer of technological expertise to regional small and medium sized companies and will meet objectives comparable to those of the first application.
Main result of the project will be the SYRECOS system, which consolidates the know-how of these two applications acquired at the three demonstration sites.
This project has the following aims:
- The development of the regional markets for know-how through data network support (continuous training and technology transfer).
- The assimilation of Information Technologies by the players concerned.
- Mobilisation of the players toward joint effort and cooperation to improve the practice of the trades concerned, focussing on a quality approach and to using appropriate tools.
- Assessment of the timeliness and feasibility of trans-regional access to these local markets by means of data network system.
The strong characteristics of the project are:
- Priority given to the initial and on-going stimulation of the future users within the project on the three experimental sites.
- The structural approach adopted on the three sites which is intended to modify, in depth, the practices and quality of the target markets.
- Exchanges between the sites aimed at comparing regional practices, the sharing of experience, the sharing of technical solutions and the possible opening of markets.
- A technological option for the grouping of the solutions offered on the market at an acceptable cost.
- A wish to find new regional markets for the solutions developed in the project within the existing framework of regional (regional development policies) and European (Structural Funds) institutional partnerships.
Fields of science
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
See on map
See on map
See on map
See on map