This project intends to implement the Technical Secretariat of the Concerted Action on Vessel Traffic Management and Information Services.
During the course of the Concerted Action the Technical Secretariat will help the Commission and the Concerted Action Management Committee with respect to :
- the organisation and follow up of the meetings,
- the preparation of a work plan,
- the review of the state of the art and the organisation in the Netherlands of a workshop aiming at drawing up conclusions on this topic,
- the refinement of specifications of the demonstrators,
- the follow up of the demonstrations and the assessment of the corresponding equipments,
- the preparation of recommendations for future researches and possible on site implementation of VTMIS.
Links with other projects, tasks, areas, programmes, policy actions:
The Concerted Action on VTMIS is expected to cooperate with policy makers at EU and national levels and with other projects falling in the scope of the Waterborne programme, and in particular with (a) substasks 6.3.4 - Traffic Management & VTS, 6.2.2 - nland waterway information systems and human-machine interface, 6.1.2 - Short Sea Shipping and corresponding projects, and (b) projects initiated by DG VII and related to traffic management.