The main objectives of the HANDIAMI project are:
1. To undertake a detailed comparative analysis of the level of existing provisions for disabled passengers in the maritime and other transport sectors.
2. To develop introductory training material for managers and staff in the maritime industry.
3. To promote the employment and retention of disabled maritime workers.
4. To highlight any safety specific issues that impact on ship design, operation and training.
Demonstrations are foreseen for the following issues:
- Development of conceptual models for emergency situations on board ships (France)
- Passenger vessel emergencies - North Baltic and English Channel (Finland, Ireland and UK)
- Evacuation of passenger vessels (Greece)
Related projects in the Waterborne Area.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
3007 GG Rotterdam
2100 Copenhagen Oe
SO31 9ZL Warsash