A thorough approach to nanotechnology and advance materials development must take into consideration the international dimension, in terms of R&D, access to information and regulation. International cooperation, including collaboration in research but not limited to this, is an integral part of the Commission’s policy in all areas of the Action Plan. However, despite the fact that international collaboration has been made so far; there is still a challenge of filling knowledge gaps with less industrially advanced nations in order to enhance quality of life and industrial competitiveness in those areas where Nanotechnology has the potential. European industrial players and research organizations seek new collaborative agreements in order to share risks and explore new market opportunities. On the other hand, Latin America has started new nanotechnology development programs in the last ten years. However, according to national agencies, the investment in nanotechnology R+D and the results achieved remains now relatively unpretentious.
The main objective of NMP-DeLA project is to develop a series of activities between European and Latin American countries, aiming to strengthening the local research and training potential, as means to achieve the goal of deployment of Nanomaterials technologies on those areas of major social challenge in Latin America: energy, water and Health. This will be achieved through:
• Networking, education and training in Advance materials (nanosciences, nanotechnologies, materials and new production techs).
• Building new skills, aiming to enhance and strengthening the local knowledge in Latin America about nanomaterial technologies.
• Boost synergy with local/regional policy and cooperation programs related to advance materials.
• Exchange of best practices, build capacity in nanomaterial-innovation and technology transfer in cooperation with central and south America.
• Contribute toward the United Nations Millennium development goals.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-SA - Support actions
1054 Buenos Aires
See on map