R2POWER300 is committed to challenge the following Objectives:
• Development and manufacturing of a multi-KET Pilot Line
(i.e. Nanoelectronics, Nanotechnology, Advanced Manufacturing)
• Energy Efficiency and CO2 Reduction megatrends.
The project aims to achieve the following Goals:
1. Set the stage for the future extension to 300mm of the R2 Fab facility located in Agrate Brianza (Italy) - i.e. line’s specification, tools’ evaluation and screening, new process’s optimization and characterization, etc.
2. To evaluate, characterize and optimize the equipments and process necessary to achieve the new BCD10 technology, featuring 90nm lithography, at 300mm wafer size. BCD (i.e. Bipolar + CMOS + DMOS) is a unique smart power technology invented by ST in the mid ‘80s (CMOS’s gate length was 4 m at that time!). As of today BCD is one of the key technology assets of ST and the indefatigable evolution and challenging roadmap makes ST a world-class leader on smart power ICs.
3. Advanced System in Packages: some SiP activity will be performed, with specific reference to Sintering based die-attach, thermal analysis and dedicated packaging solution for high density ALD capacitors.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/nanotechnology
- /engineering and technology/nanotechnology/nanoelectronics
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/analytical chemistry/calorimetry
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/waste management/energy efficiency
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeECSEL-IA - ECSEL Innovation Action
1322 AP Almere