The main target of our work is to industrialise the stack production, to deliver affordable fuel cell systems in larger quantities to saturate the emerging market/demand. Heart of our call is to build a worldwide new and unique machine which allows serially* produce the centrepiece of fuel cell system: the stack.This will revolutionize the way how stacks are produced in future.
The members of the consortium are: a developer and producer of fuel cell systems (Proton Motor Fuel Cell GmbH), a supplier of MEAs and BiPolar Plates (BPP) (IRD), a supplier of industrial machinery for assembly, handling and testing equipment (AUMANN), two renowned research institutions (Technische Universitat Chemnitz / ALF, Fraunhofer IWU) and a EU project management expert (Uniresearch B.V.) and last but not least, UPS an international transport OEM with its own vehicle production of Light Commercial Vehicles.
The result of our project work can be used for several purposes: Branding, Prototyping and Business development. The stacks can be used outside of automotive industry, because they can be adapted to other applications (such as uninterruptible power sources) by the design of a fuel cell system.
Field of science
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport
- /engineering and technology/mechanical engineering/vehicle engineering/automotive engineering
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/fuel cell
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics
- /social sciences/sociology/industrial relations/automation
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeFCH2-RIA - Research and Innovation action
09212 Limbach Oberfrohna