In the knowledge age increased cooperation and collaboration among enterprises during the product lifecycle is a global demand. In line with this MAPPER contributes towards the following vision for European manufacturing: "In 2010, agile manufacturing companies can inexpensively form collaborative networks and quickly adapt to market demands".
The overall objective that enables our project to approach the vision is: "MAPPER will enable fast and flexible manufacturing by providing methodology, infrastructure and reusable services for participative engineering in networked manufacturing enterprises, demonstrating practical benefits and scientific values in three industrial pilots".
The MAPPER solution will consist of four components:
- Reconfigurable visual enterprise models of products, processes and other enterprise aspects. Models described in business terminology enable the cultivation of a web of shared understanding among stakeholders, and management of complex and dynamic networked manufacturing enterprises
- Participative engineering methodologies, enabling joint product and process design, interdisciplinary and inter-organisational collaboration throughout multiple product life-cycles
- Secure collaborative service integration platform, enabling enterprises to access each others engineering tools and product data in a collaborative, yet secure manner
- Customisable work environments for different stakeholders, roles and tasks in networked manufacturing.
The platform will enable solution providers and users to jointly customise such environments. Using MAPPER results, enterprises can transform into dynamically networked organisations. Integrating, holistic views of the joint enterprise will lower friction and process losses, resulting in more effective operations, innovative designs, and increased business opportunities. Our approach seeks to extend Europe's competitive advantage, such as the agility, skills and competence of the workforce.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business
- FP6-NMP - Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices: thematic priority 3 under the 'Focusing and integrating community research' of the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme 2002-2006.
Funding SchemeSTREP - Specific Targeted Research Project
43-300 Bielsko Biala
551 11 Joenkoeping
565 28 Mullsjoe