Purpose and Scope:
Emerging technologies can boost performance and productivity for organisations across Europe. The development and application of technologies such as AI, blockchain and cloud computing are key competitive factors for businesses boosting performance, productivity and the European Digital Single Market.
At the same time, Europeans have set high standards for digital privacy. The GDPR now enforces stricter regulations on data handling and processing. But this may make it more difficult for organisations to reap the benefits that these technologies deliver through massive data and high-quality algorithms and at the same time be GDPR compliant.
From privacy by design and compliance tool kits, European research is leading the way in ensuring organisations from both the public and private sector can respect the GDPR and still benefit from the opportunities that emerging technologies offer.
Europe recognizes these challenges and in this webinar you can hear how 6 EC-funded projects (BPR4GDPR, DEFEND, PAPAYA, PDP4E, POSEIDON, SMOOTH) are upgrading Europe’s technological ability to address these issues and ensure that Europe continues to innovate in this space.
Want to know more?
Register and participate in this webinar: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2307829127298684683
Who should attend:
The webinar is open to all interested in the general data protection regulation (GDPR) compliance, especially those concerned with privacy, protection, digital privacy and privacy by design and compliance tool kits. Each presentation will be follow
- Learn about tools and services in Europe today that are helping organisations to comply with new regulations
- Get insights and gain a whole new understanding of emerging technologies such as AI and blockchain
- Hear from experts who are working on GDPR compliance and digital privacy
- Become part of our cybersecurity community
10:30 – 10:40 - "Introduction & Cyberwatching project" - Nicholas Ferguson Trust-IT Services & Anastasia Botsi, ICT Legal, Cyberwatching.eu
10:40 – 11:05
- The impact of AI on privacy - Antonio Kung, Trialog & coordinator, PDP4E
- Permissioned blockchain and smart contracts for secured Personally Identifiable Information - Dario Beltrame, PoseIDon project
- Protecting privacy in the context of third party analytical services - Bridget Kane, PAPAYA project
11:05 – 11:10 - Q&A
11:10 – 11:35
- A Tech Solution for Privacy Compliance - Davide Cascone, Baker McKenzie & BPR4GDPR
- GDPR: Data protection safeguards - Rosa Araujo, EURECAT & SMOOTH
- Empowering data governance for GDPR compliance - Andrea Praitano, Maticmind S.p.A. & DEFEND project
11:35 – 11:40 - Final questions and remarks
Who are the speakers?
Moderator: Nicholas Ferguson, Trust-IT Services & Coordinator, Cyberwatching.eu
Anastasia Botsi (Associate of ICT Legal Consulting) will present GDPR Compliance Requirements and Practical Legal Tips.
Davide Cascone (Legal consultant at Baker McKenzie and BPR4GDPR)
Antonio Kung (Chief Executive Officer Trialog, PDP4E project coordinator) will present the impact of AI on privacy.
Rosa Araujo (SMOOTH project coordinator and Senior project manager at EURECAT)
Andrea Praitano (DEFeND project IT/OT Cybersecurity & Privacy Advisor at Maticmind S.p.A.)
Bridget Kane (PAPAYA project Associate Professor in Information Systems at Karlstad University)
Dario Beltrame (PoseIDon Technical Leader & Managing Director, ICEG Chief Technology Officer for Accenture Health & Public Sector)
Visit the official webinar page: https://cyberwatching.eu/gdpr-compliance-age-emerging-technologies
cybersecurity, privacy, cybersecurity hub, privacy hub, cybersecurity marketplace