In this workshop, we cover everything you need to know about the technical aspects of ERC. This includes all essential information from the official documentation and EC resources: the ERC Work Program, ERC Guide for Applicants, the ERC website and the online submission system, as well as important tips based on our years of hands-on experience with thousands of ERC proposals. Therefore, this workshop is ideal for potential ERC applicants who are not yet familiar with this grant and would like to learn more about it.
Importantly, this workshop only covers ERC basics. We thoroughly review all the official rules and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of this unique grant’s requirements.
In our experience, understanding ERC technicalities is a step that applicants tend to skip, however, by doing so they are missing crucial information which can directly affect the eligibility and competitiveness of the grant application. We know that reading all the official documents can be a tedious task – this is why we created this workshop to walk you through all these “boring” (yet essential) technicalities and answer questions about the less intuitive rules and policies. Once you have all the important information you need, you can move on to learning the ERC’s elusive and unwritten conceptual rules (which we highly recommend as a vital step in your path to ERC success).
The topics of the workshop include:
- ERC overview – what is it all about?
- Call types – StG, CoG, AdG and SyG
- Eligibility criteria and extensions of the eligibility window
- The ERC PI’s profile – what is a competitive track record in the ERC’s eyes?
- The ERC project – official requirements and evaluation criteria
- The evaluation process and review panels
- Submission restrictions
- The written application’s structure – B1 and B2
- The online submission system and online forms
- The resources section – how to present an ERC budget
- Annexes – ethics, host support letter and additional required supporting documentation
- Updates on the transition to Horizon Europe (changes to the 2021 and 2022 ERC calls)
- The ERC interview
As we discuss the above, we always keep in mind the most important grant writing aspect – the point of view of the reviewers. Since we know what reviewers are looking for, we know exactly what researchers should focus on and what they should avoid.
This “ERC Basics” workshop can be followed by our “ERC Beyond” workshop - which goes on to cover all the unwritten and elusive ERC requirements. This can help you further create a highly competitive ERC application.
Upcoming online dates:
ERC Basics Online Workshop:
April 20, 2020, 10AM – 2PM.
April 27, 2020, 10AM – 2PM.
ERC Beyond Online Workshops:
April 21, 2020, 10AM – 4PM.
April 30, 2020, 10AM – 4PM.
To learn more about the “ERC Basics” and the “ERC Beyond” live online workshops, and to sign up, follow this link > https://enspire-science.com/open-erc-workshops-sign-up-today/
ERC, Horizon 2020, ERC Advanced Grant